Saturday, January 10, 2009

Offerings

Yesterday for the promotion party one of the Airmen was going to be the chef. Not only did he cancel on us literally at the last minute (although I guess it is excusable, it was a call to assist with an excersise on base) but he also over estimated the food quantities. We could have done with one third of what we brought. I am offering the leftover, unopened food items to anyone here on Oahu who wants them, especially the meats. Here's what we have:
  • 5 pounds chicken breast
  • 7 pounds chicken thighs
  • 15 pounds skirt steak, cut into strips
  • 2 x 1.5 pounds sour cream
  • 5 x 16 ounce bags tortilla chips
  • 2 x 4 pound jars medium chunky salsa
  • 3 x 4.5 ounce cans peeled chopped green chile
  • 6 x 16 ounce cans traditional refried beans
I am planning to donate as much of this unclaimed food stuff to the Hickam AFB Chapel Pantry that they can take, in a couple days. I don't know if they will accept the meat, but I know the chips, salsa, chiles, and beans can probably go to them.

If you'd like any of this, free of charge, please let me know!

No comments: