Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Work

$ $ $ $ $ $ $
In one way or another, we all must work. So why not make the task a little more enjoyable with some quotes that might make you laugh, contemplate, or groan?

"Looking for work? Have some of mine!"- One of my Mom's witty old coffee mugs

 “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” - Confucius

“Hide not your talents, they for use were made,
What's a sundial in the shade?” ― Benjamin Franklin

“Work without love is slavery.” ― Mother Teresa

“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” -  Aristotle (384-322); Philosopher

“Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” - Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226); Catholic Saint, Founder Of Franciscans

 "I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate" - George Burns, Comedian

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel" - Carl W. Beuchner, Author
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate. – George Burns - See more at: http://www.oneweekjob.com/blog/2010/11/09/the-50-best-work-and-passion-quotes-of-all-time/#sthash.5x3lKoX3.dpuf
I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate. – George Burns - See more at: http://www.oneweekjob.com/blog/2010/11/09/the-50-best-work-and-passion-quotes-of-all-time/#sthash.5x3lKoX3.dpuf
"You do your best work if you do a job that makes you happy." - Bob Ross (1942 - 1995), Best of Joy of Painting, Winter Elegance
"Getting fired is nature's way to telling you that you had the wrong job in the first place." - Hal Lancaster, in The Wall Street Journal
My sources for these quotes were: GoodReads, Values.com, One Week Job, and The Quotations Page

No comments: