Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Books

\/ \/ \/

I do love a good book.  The problem is, life and it's distractions keep me way too busy to crack open the covers and read that print as much as I'd like to. My attention span also equals that of a mouse jacked up on Mountain Dew.

There have been certain times in my life when I was blessed with quality book time. I recall nursing my little Marshmallow and enjoying some light reading, before she became aware of her surroundings that is. Then she got to an age when the book was more interesting than focusing on eating! Deployments were also fertile reading grounds. After Marshmallow was tucked in for the night I'd grab a book and blanket and cuddle up to read with the cats. The B3 or B4 ritual also was born: draw up a Bath, choose a Book, pour a little Booze (sometimes), then get to Bed.

I do try my hardest to make time to read and right now I'm actually in the process of reading three books. There is a growing To Be Read list as well.

My Current Reading List:
     The Bible, New International Version or the New American Bible
     "Pour Your Heart Into It" by Howard Schultz
     "Onward" also by Schultz (this one is being put on the back burner until more of "Pour..." is finished)

To Be Read:
     "Song In The Silence" by Elizabeth Kerner (at the request of Marshmallow, she is reading the series)
     "Uncommon Grounds" by Mark Pendergrast

I am playing around with the idea of writing reviews of some or maybe even all of these books. We shall see, so stay tuned!

No comments: