Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wardrobe Weekend! 002: What Works?

So, I'm one of those people who usually wears what ever they want regardless of what other people think they should wear. Yet can't help but wonder from time to time what "works" for my age, marital status, body type, etc... It would be a dream come true to have "What Not To Wear" kick my butt into gear and give some much needed words of wardrobe wisdom, but I can't hold my breath on that one. I would start poking through magazines, but haven't the foggiest idea where to begin. One should probably figure out which mag is the best fit first. Are there fashion consultants for hire out there? There's got to be, there's consultants for just about everything it seems. The fees are probably insane though. Guess a Google search might be a good start. Don't know if I'd actually ever have the chance to do something like this but it sure would be nice. I really am sick of still wearing so many of the same clothes. Lots of my current wardrobe just doesn't seem to fit who I am any more. Yet many of the things I can't seem to bear to part with. Then when I finally do let some items go I find myself digging through my drawers and sliding the hangars around, looking for them and realize "oh, that's gone now" and get a little sad. But, if I don't get rid of these OLD (and sometimes not so old) things that are never worn there is no way in heck going to be room for NEW things! Fashion is vicious I tell you!

Time to do some researching....

No comments: