Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The previous Wordless Wednesday

Last week I posted a picture of the bamboo we have in our master bathroom. I now consider it a living testimony that Zen can exist under just about any condition. This poor plant is nearly neglected yet sprouted itself! I jumped a little when I noticed the little sprout next to the parent plant. I felt instant happiness and a sense of love. For plants to reproduce they need to have elements of happiness, right? I've wondered in the past if I was taking care of this little plant correctly, and now I know!

Of course, there are things I can do to make my little bamboo family happier. They will need a bigger pot. Probably soon because it is going to be quite a predicament to get them out of that vase. They could benefit from actual food instead of just straight tap water. I should remember to reopen the blinds after I close them during bath time preparations. I'm not as concerned about that because they naturally like shade. The color of the parent plant has changed a bit over time and not sure if it's in a good way or bad.

I've never been much of a gardener and having felines in the house has discouraged me from keeping houseplants in the past. The cats aren't allowed in our bathroom at all though and it presented the chance to finally get the courage to take the plunge with the Bamboo and I'm so glad I did. It may not be as gratifying as, say, a fruit tree out in the back yard but it brightens the mood of that bathroom in ways we never imagined it could!

Time to go pick tomorrow's picture from the archives or take a new one!

No comments: