Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wardrobe Wednesday

Two blogs in one night again! Feel a little funny about speaking on what is supposed to be Wordless Wednesday, but it's for a good cause. My friend Lorry is having a contest at her blog (http://blog.alteredsky.net/) and I love when my friends do fun stuff like this and I participate when ever I can.

So, here's my Wardrobe Wednesday. A first, and I'd like to do it regularly but don't want to give up the picture posting. I'll figure something out.

I have a most favorite dress in the whole world. I tried to take a good picture of it a couple days ago but failed miserably. If I can manage a better shot of it I will post it ASAP.

I saw it in San Francisco while visiting my brother David in 1995. We were browsing the shops around Haight-Ashbury and I absolutely fell in love with the dress. It is black crushed velvet, scoop neck, long sleeves, tea length, princess seamed down the front. Amazingly enough, the dress doesn't get as hot as I first feared it would. The crush is now gone from the many years of loving it, but it still fits almost as perfect as it did so long ago and still makes me feel positively wonderful every time I slip it over my head. It's gotten me several compliments. It can be accessorized to Goth-Goddess mode or sophisticated symphony goer. I think I even wore it to a Military Dinner while pregnant! This favorite dress of mine is now old and getting stretched out but still fits almost exactly like it did brand new. Yes, the hem is a bit uneven now, but you might walk a little lopsided if you had an altercation with an airport escalator!

Lorry, I think you still have my email address don't you? I can be contacted through that. And, um I'm realizing I'm an idiot and didn't see the rule about the FIRST comment counting for the contest and my blog link isn't in that post.... Fly by the seat of my pants time!

No comments: