Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Heart and Tummy!

It's been a little while, huh? I hope you are all safe and warm and happy!

Life is pretty good here. I'm working my part time job, and getting nice hours clocked up. I've gotten to do some Christmas shopping and spread happy holiday cheer. The outdoor decorating must wait until it warms up at least a wee bit because the husband is forbidding me to go out and do so while this Arctic Front is passing through. Not as if my fingers could function in temps this low anyway! Thankfully many of our neighbors got their Christmas lights out and I love seeing theirs and am greatly looking forward to putting ours up!

This morning my heart and tummy are happy! I got to have cuddles with my man and girl before the off to school insanity started, and breakfast was some cinnamon roll oatmeal and a cranberry orange scone warmed up and some delicious home brewed Christmas Blend Espresso roast. I've been craving a Caramel Brulee Latte since about 1:45 yesterday afternoon. I also found this positively adorable picture the other night and it is now staring at me from my desktop!
Isn't this one of the cutest things ever?! It would only be better if it were a cat. Not sure how well the mugs as eyes and mouth would translate into a feline face though.
I need to convince myself that these flannel jammies must be changed into day clothes. There's an eye doc appointment to go to and errands to run before my girl gets home from school and then we have our bi-weekly coffee date. Well I have the coffee, she has a steamer or hot cocoa. And we split something from the pastry case. More happy heart time! =)

May you all have a fabulous Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

No comments: